- 1 serving of quinoa (40g dry)
- 150ml Almond Milk
- 1 scoop whey (optional)
- 1 banana
- Berries of choice
- Rinse the Quinoa with cold water.
- Add the quinoa and almond milk to the pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Whilst cooking chop up a banana and gather you berries.
- Add the berries and half the banana 5 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Then once cooked (It will thicken up) remove from the heat and add the optional protein powder.
- Finish by adding the rest of your banana and any other topping you like.
Quinoa has been called a ‘supergrain’ however this can be misleading as it’s a marketing term and not a scientific term. The benefits of quinoa are that it is a whole grain and is therefore a complex carbohydrate. Quinoa releases its energy slowly and keeps you fuller for longer. Quinoa also contains all of the essential amino acids, so it has a very impressive protein profile; you need to bare in mind though that these amino acids are in very small quantities so it is not a sufficient protein source alone. Other benefits of quinoa aee its rich source of vitamins, minerals and fibre; quinoa is the wholegrain highest in potassium.
1 Comment »